UN Women 7 Women Empowerment Principles
Gender Mainstreaming Awards Africa
Research, research & research
As a result of this, the Board Masterclass Series was developed. See more details on this below. There is also an e-book on the front of the Business Engage website with 106 corporate best practices in gender mainstreaming. It is our intention to explore research opportunities in East and West Africa to ensure opportunities for more female participation in the entire talent pipeline. Business Engage is developing compute capacity to upscale research on the African continent.
Corporate Gender Intelligence Event for International Women’s Day
Board Masterclass Series
Gender Matters - a practical response to the slippery ladder
“We believe that the best way to influence change is to strengthen and grow the current conversation, then couple that with deliberate actions.” Colleen Larsen
In this book Col Larsen delves into the issues of gender mainstreaming as a business Issue. She has been involved in gender issues in the private sector for several years and has come to realise that many companies want to change: they profess an urge to implement diversity, inclusion and belonging, and express policies geared towards gender equity. She has also seen there is a genuine desire by the more enlightened leaders to be more gender-balanced in their upper echelons and senior management structures.
This is a practical book for all those who want to make it to the top or at least want to go far in the business world. This book is for men just as much as women. As we say, it is a business issue after all.
Cost R275,00 (Including VAT and delivery)
The Board Masterclass Series is an initiative to contribute towards accelerating women participation in South African Boards to reach the 30% aspiration.
- It is important to have a focused development agenda for future senior leaders and board members who will take on leadership positions and board roles.
- The development agenda is to have a deliberate focus on accelerating readiness for candidates (men as well as women) to compete when the roles become available
There are many Women on Boards programmes in the marketplace. This is not one of them, instead this is a practical board series aimed mainly at women; although men are invited and
encouraged to apply. The BMS integrates the experience and knowledge of 30% Club members and is supplemented by presenters who are experts in their chosen field. Business Engage invited 28 of the 30 Masterclass facilitators to contribute a chapter each to the Board Masterclass Series book.
For more information on the programme and profiles of the facilitators, visit the Board Masterclass Series here.
Cost: R395.00 per book. (Including VAT and delivery)
It must be noted that Business Engage does not reinvent the wheel. As such, if a similar programme is being run in the region, we would rather support the existing programme rather than compete e.g. the Women on Boards Network webinars in East Africa, so programmes such as the BoardWalk may not be rolled out in the region. Cross regions; we may collaborate on events across the continent.
- BoardWalk – A guest speaker on a board topic and then facilitated conversations with seasoned board members
- LeadersWalk – Similar format, however conversation is more around broader leadership.
Voices of Change
Gender Mainstreaming Awards Africa
Join our exciting and inventive organisation at the forefront of strategic thinking. Register today.
Who we are
Business Engage is the custodian of the 30% Club Southern and East Africa.
30% Club Southern and East Africa
Business Engage is the custodian of the 30% Club Southern and East Africa. The 30% Club is an international campaign of Chairmen and CEOs who put their names to increasing the level of board members of predominantly large and listed companies because it makes business sense. There is no cost for membership of the 30% club East Africa.
In joining the club;
- Chairmen, CEOs and senior partners would be lending their names to the 30% Club campaign in their personal capacity;
- Chairmen, CEOs and senior partners would be agreeing to be publicly listed as Members of the 30% Club, and for Chairmen, CEOs and senior partners’ memberships to be included in the 30% Club East Africa literature, on our website and in campaigns.