Mamokete Ramathe is the Founder and CEO of Mamor Capital, an investment company with interests in the ICT sector. The Venture Capital arm of the business aims at backing start-ups offering solutions to drive connectivity, digital payments, and ecommerce to accelerate digital adoption in continent.
Mamokete has found a way to combine her passion for investment banking with entrepreneurship having co-founded a telecommunication infrastructure solutions business and successfully led execution of two acquisitions to drive the company’s growth strategy.
She is a seasoned investment executive with more than 19 years experience in financial services; spanning corporate finance advisory, private equity, mezzanine finance, infrastructure finance and mergers and acquisitions.
She serves on listed and unlisted company boards with local and international operations.
Her current board roles include:
- Chairman of Social Ethics and Transformation Committee & a member of the Audit Committee for JSE listed Bell Equipment Limited
- Chairman of Social Ethics and Sustainability Committee & a member of the Audit Committee for JSE listed Master Drilling Group Limited
- A board member in Business Engage (NPO)
- A board member and Treasurer in the International Women’s Forum South Africa
- An Investment Committee member for Aluwani Capital; the Unlisted Alternative Investments Fund, focusing on access to finance for SMMEs.
She is a former member of the board of OUTsurance Holdings having served on the Board Investment Committee and Social and Ethics Committee.
She is an advocate for women empowerment with a passion for personal development and self-leadership.
She is the Recipient of the South African Women Leaders Award 2021 by the World Women Leadership Congress.
A winner of the Southern African Women in Leadership Trailblazers Awards 2020. A winner of the prestigious CEO Global Most Influential Women Awards in ICT 2019 and a recipient of the African Distinguished Women Leadership Excellence Awards for 2017 by the Centre for Economic and Leadership Development. Winner of the Association of Black Securities Investment Professional (“ABSIP”) Project Financier of the Year (Individual Category) Award for 2014.
Education and Training
- Certificate in Digital Transformation (AI, IoT, Cloud, Blockchain & Cybersecurity), Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Master of Arts in Leading Innovation and Change, York St John University (UK)
- Master’s degree (Development Finance), University of Stellenbosch Business School
- B Com Honours (Business Management) specialising in Finance, University of South Africa
- Post Graduate Certificate in Economics, Wits University B Com (Financial Accounting) (Business Finance), Wits University.