Company Secretary Business Engage Association NPC
Malcolm is a Fellow of the Institute of Directors and has a degree in Quantity Surveying and Building Economics from Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh. Prior to Business Engage he has
over 30 years experience in the construction industry with;
- Major construction companies (R.M. Douglas Construction, a UK based global company;
- LTA Building (Natal), Basil Read).
- Consultants (Borkenhagen & Louw Durban, TWP).
- Smaller construction companies.
- Freelance Quantity Surveyor and Project Manager.
He was first appointed as company director of a construction company at the age of twenty-
seven. He is now sixty-five. He has worked at Business Engage with his wife Colleen since 2011. He is responsible for;
- All the company contractual and legal issues.
- Chairing and minuting all the Business Engage / 30% Club Steering Committee meetings.
- Overseeing the Board Masterclass Series.
- Compiling the Business Engage research for the Status of Gender on JSE Listed Boards and authoring the reports.
- Compiling the Business Engage / 30% Club Annual Reports.
- Compiling the reports to the UN Women for the two contracts undertaken.
- Writing all the content for the Gender Mainstreaming Awards.
- Writing the Gender Mainstreaming Awards reports.
- “Ghost writing” all the articles for the Sunday Times Celebrating Women supplements (70,000 of these supplements go out the Sunday after the Gender Mainstreaming Awards noting all the GMA winners).
- “Ghost writing” articles for Sunday Times, Business Day and the Financial Mail on gender matters.
- “Ghost writing” parts of or approving Colleen’s two books Gender Matters and The Board MasterClass Series.
He is Company Secretary of the Lonehill Residents Association and a previous founder and Chairman of Inquina Rugby Club in Fourways Johannesburg.